August 22, 2009

I finished inventorying the fiction books today. It takes three times as long to inventory because the bar code might be on the back, it might be on the front, it might be inside the back cover, it might be on the title page and it might not be there at all. I would say at least half of the books so far have those yellowed smelly pages - many are paperbacks or bound paperbacks. i think one of my main goals will be to get lots of new books and many replacements for what we have there now. I discarded about 300 books today.

My reference books are inventoried and all have new bar code labels - on the bottom left of the front cover. I have started replacing the ones on the fiction, but it will take months.

The folks in our apartment complex are having a block party tomorrow afternoon. It is right outside my door so I guess I better go. It will be nice to see who lives here cause frankly I seldom see anyone around here period. I did go over to eat with a fellow teacher at my middle school the other night. Her apartment looked so homey and she has lots of comfy furniture. I think Tom and I are going to live lean this year till we know we are staying - well at least till Christms.

Speaking of Tom - he should be leaving Georiga tomorrow morning in my new used Corolla that I bought from Elizabeth. I just realized I have bought that car twice now - once when it was new and we bought it for her and now when it is used and we have bought it from her.......something is wrong here.

Elizabeth called me like six times today - she was at her library working on Saturday and I was at mine working on Saturday. Like mother like daughter. She found a card catalog in the office and was a little concerned. She is sure the library is automated though. I believe the high school has had major renovations this summer and was only opened for teachers this past Friday, the first day of work.

On Monday I am going to get my photo permit so I can take some photos of the Zuni area. They are very strict about photos.

The kids at school are great.

No comments: