August 23, 2009

Finally posting a few photos. The prairie dogs are the best. Looking forward to seeing Roxie's reaction to these little creatures.


Okay, here is the famous mesa or mountain here. At various angles it looks completely different.

Below is the apartment complex where I live - built and maintained by the school. Each builing you see houses two large apartments. They are twice as big as the ones we had in Chevak. And only $417 a month.


Mary - here is some kind of bird house - there are hundreds of bird in this thing. They harvest the feathers, I believe. It is the brown structure. When I get my permit I'll take a better photo. I was taking these out of the truck window today.


And now we come to these precious little creatures - the prairie dogs at my school.

These guys must be big eaters.
These guys stayed still for the longest - like they were frozen.

1 comment:

Gary O said...

Very much enjoying your blog! Great photos! We have land about 30 miles southwest of Zuni to which we will retire, and visit 2-3 times a year. Love the Zuni people, and the beautiful area there.

Looking forward to your blog entries. Wish we were there!