August 13, 2007

Are we tired or what! We’ve mailed over 30 boxes to Chevak. We have two coolers of frozen meat to take with us on the plane tomorrow. I am so tired and Tom is so tired. I just need to get back to school to recuperate from the summer. What will I miss most about Anchorage? Ummm the view of the mountains that changes daily depending on the sun and the clouds. I’ll miss being able to make any kind of medical appointment I need to make. I’ll miss the great eating places – SourDough Mine, and the Moose’s Tooth in particular. I’ll miss Blockbuster and most of all I will miss Elmendorf Air Force Base – the campground, the PX, and the commissary. The whole place is roomy, green, spacious, quiet, and clean. I’ll miss seeing and hearing those F-22’s and F-16’s fly around and sometimes straight up and down. What will I absolutely not miss about Anchorage – traffic, homeless people, and noise.

I’m looking forward to seeing all the stuff I ordered from Scholastic Book Fair for the kids – including 25 bean bags, and ordering all the new materials for our Improving Literacy Through School Libraries grant. I also have been purchasing Alaskan animals, birds and fish this summer – stuffed actually. The students will love them.

It may be a while before I can post again – the first week of school is so crazy. Tom says this is the last year for Chevak – he is not packing any more food. Okay.

No comments: