July 25, 2007

Charlie told us at dinner tonight that while I was in the women’s restroom with the seasick folks, he was in the men’s for almost an hour. At one point he was lying face down on the floor. An Asian man came in and said, “Friend, are you okay?” Charlie didn’t move his head but did raise his arm and gave him a thumbs up. Then the Asian man proceeded to the stall to be seasick himself. What a day! Tom and I had been so worried about me we were pretty much ignorant of the fact that Charlie was also in distress. But all’s well now - we got our cabin at 4pm, drug up our luggage to a secluded area on the 2nd floor and fell into our respective beds and slept soundly for two hours. I had been worried that neither Tom nor Charlie would ever forgive me for bringing them on this trip – but a good rest and a cheeseburger in the dining hall have made each of us feel a lot better. I think we are going to be okay. We are watching movies and reading tonight in the privacy of our climate controlled room, We saw our two buddies we had been talking with a lot, two single men, and they were really kidding us about our “condo” since they are still sleeping down there in the “whatever” room. We have seen some really interesting scenery – but it is really rainy and foggy and cold. Hopefully we will have some sun tomorrow. I do feel like we are very far away from the familiar.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bender said...

You guys are wimps. :) I think dad and I are the only ones that could handle it.