July 24, 2007

It is late Tuesday. We are on the ferry after a long, long day. I woke up all clogged. Puffy eyes, stuffy nose, sore throat, and sneezing. I knew there was no doctor on the ferry and I knew I had to get fixed before I left on this seven-day voyage. That took almost the entire morning counting the time we had to wait for the prescription at Walmart. Dr. Reeves gave me predisone so it would knock the allergies out by the time I got on the ferry at 10 pm. He is so thoughtful and we both really like him because he actually listens. I mean he took into consideration that I had to get to feeling better in the next 12 hours – and gave me the necessary medicine to do just that. I’m also on Allegra again.

Okay, the ferry is huge. When cars and transfer trucks drive on they go down on an elelvator so that means that the vessel is worthy of high seas. At least that is what this guy told me that has taken this voyage the last 14 years. He won’t do it again because the prices have gone up so. He says it makes more sense to take one of the cruise ships.

I am sitting at a nice little booth table. We have our big bags over by our seats which are like recliners on the airplane but bigger. We actually won’t get our cabin until tomorrow night after all the folks disembark at Kodiak. Then we get our cabin with windows and four beds. We have so much luggage and one suitcase just of food. Tom says never again – that suitcase was too heavy. We brought canned chunky soup and tuna for lunch every day. We brought muffins for breakfast and we brought our coffee maker with cremora and splenda and our own special mugs and lots of tea bags. Then we brought cheese, crackers, cookies, candy, chips, and that’s why Tom, after lugging that huge bag on board, said “Never again!”

I just bought a week’s worth of internet for $36.00. There are no refunds so hope I will be lucky once we are out to sea to get a connection every once and a while. Okay, Charlie is now going to share his YouTube favorites with me. Hope we don’t start laughing too loud.

No comments: