November 26, 2006

In honor of our first "expected" whiteout, I have changed my blog background to white. Actually it might load faster that way Snow is everywhere - we have some 2-3 foot drifts in places. Tom and I just got back from walking Roxy - and she loved it. I suppose it is like a child first experiencing snow and ice - but of course a dog is not a child.

We had a nice Thanksgiving at the Superintendent's house. There were maybe ten people there - all new people to Chevak.

I watched a wonderful movie with Tom last night - Pelle the Conqueror. Today we are going to watch Winged Migration and then this dog training video with some monks training their dogs. We really need to pay attention to that second one.

We started planning our summer today - it is a little overwhelming since there are so many places to see. I believe we will stick to the larger state area this summer and then plan on seeing the inside passage on the way home summer of 08. I'm looking forward to seeing all the totem poles and such down there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monks of New Skete? Their bias to pure bred German Shepards is a little aggravating but their book was terrific otherwise. Let me know how the video is.

al said...

Two weeks and two days till I get to see you!!!!!!!!!

Elizabeth Bender said...

I was signed in under Al's name. Sorry.