November 13, 2006

Celebrating Children's Book Week with the kids this week. We are tallying their favorite books, taking a photo of the class and then I am making a book mark for them to keep. Kinda fun! The Head Start Class is coming in tomorrow for the first time and I can't wait! they are so little. I have to pick out a couple of really simple stories and figure out a cute action -ooh I can use a finger play. That should be fun.
The snow is beginning to pile - it is several inches deep in some spots and will only get deeper. It is actually quite beautiful. Children are all over the lake ice skating - that won't last long - until the snow takes over the ice.
We got four gallons of fresh milk today from a by-pass order from Linfords. We're going to freeze it - everybody tells us it is no problem. I never knew one could freeze milk.
Four kids from senior English are doing an Independent Study in the library and I am the - I forgot the word - anyway I am supposed to keep them on track. I hope it goes well. We may try it with some other kids. The problem is that there is only one class - so you have those who are going on to college and those who are planning on hunting and fishing for a living in the same class. Difficult at times - so we are trying this for awhile.
Can't wait till morning - cereal and cold milk!!!!!

No comments: