June 01, 2009


Spent the night in a pretty nice town - Smithers, British Columbia. Tom and Roxie are getting the truck gassed up - I think it is around $76 to fill the truck. Ouch! Not sure if that is Canadian or US but I think it is by the liter - and cannot remember how a liter compares to a gallon. I just know that the gas is expensive. Tom wants to get out of Canada as soon as possible.

Roxie will not let Tom out of her sight. She is obsessed with him.

Tom and Roxie posing once again. Tom is such a good sport.


Roxie catches up on her sleep in the back seat of the truck.


Huge rushing streams are everywhere. I've never seen so much water.

Below are some of the animals we saw on the Cassiar Highway. We really felt like we were in the wilderness here - not so many folks on the road. Weather was beautiful and the road was paved almost the whole way - contrary to what some people told us. The first hundred miles or so was a little rough - but after that, just fine.
Let's see, we saw a red fox, seven black bears, one moose, three reindeer, and four horses.

We believe these are female caribou (or reindeer).

This moose was certainly a familiar sight.

Tom thinks this is a male caribou (or reindeer).

I've never been so close to a black bear! She was really giving us the eye and I was pretty glad I was in the truck.

These great looking horses were just ambling down the middle of the road.

1 comment:

Elizabeth Bender said...

Crazyness I tell you Crazyness! Love you guys. see you this week. I can't wait!!!!