February 21, 2009


Our neighbor across the way, Jeff, shovels snow from his front door area.


Roxie is play ing on snow that covers our connexes - they are about 8 feet high.


If folks have a snow machine AND a four wheeler - they have pretty much let the four wheelers get buried in the snow. There's no place to shelter them.




We having a little blizzard today. No planes. Nobody outside. A wedding was postponed. I don't even know how to describe this weather. C-c-c-cold, heavy winds, blowing snow, quasi whiteouts coming and going. If you try to open a window to get a bit fresh air - it might just blow off the hinges. Roxie does her business really fast when she goes out side. Several people were trying to get out for a conference and only one plane was able to fly in yesterday and it had just six seats. So they are stuck here in this awful weather when they thought they would be in Anchorage in a nice hotel for the weekend. A couple of the teachers have only been out about once this year - so this is a trip they don't want to miss.
I'm well now. Tom is so relieved. He is a wonderful caretaker.

2 comments:

Jul Fulton said...

Ann, what a wonderful blog you have created! I have applied with Chevak for this next school year. I spoke with Mr. Kramer who gave me indepth information - but this blog is exactly what I was looking for.

I have three children (17, 14, and 8) and hope that the Chevak community will grant us the opportunity to experience and learn from them.

Thank you so much. I would love to email you as I have a million questions :) My email is julfulton@hotmail.com if you would like to stay in touch during my interview process. Thank you!

Jul Fulton said...

I am so sorry - I was so excited about your blog that I forgot to introduce myself :) My name is Julie Fulton and I am from Arizona. I currently teach 6th grade and have been teaching for three years. Thanks for the wonderful pictures of Chevak :)