February 02, 2009

It is ice-cold around here! The last week or so has been interesting to say the least. Lat Saturday morning a friend called to find out about the earthquake in Alaska. We had one that morning just after 9am and I didn't even know it. It was near the Cook Inlet.This past week has been a Volcano watch for part of Alaska across the water from Homer. Terry and Dee and Mary - you guys saw Mt. ReDoubt when we made that stop and looked across at that long line of dormant and sleeping volcanoes. They expect some ash to be falling around Anchorage if it does blow.

My aide is out with a new adopted baby and I am alone for six weeks. It has been quite a while since I shelved and checked out books. Very boring....

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bender said...

I check books in and out everyday. That is the best part. Getting to know everyone. Granted I do work with the public and you do work with students. It might be a little different. But boring? NEVER!

Love you Mom.

Liz

Book Worm said...

Hi Ann, I've been shelving a lot myself lately! My clerk is part time. I do have a fifth grader who is very good with the fiction and picture books. You might want to give that a try. Take care, Mary