September 05, 2008

Time is flying by. I cannot believe it is already the 5th of September. We have been approved for open hours in the library two nights a week and on Saturdays. I guess we were a pretty big hit last year and this past summer. Another grant is going to pay since the library grant is over. There was a bit of money left so I purchased digital cameras (Nikon CoolPix - RED!) and video projectors for every classroom in the school. Pretty nice. I could have bought $15,000 more worth of books, but frankly I no place to put them. We are slap out of space in here. I had to move 16 chairs upstairs along with a reading table for the little ones. We may be able to enlarge the library in a couple of years and I will need those items again. Jeanne, one of our high school teachers just gave me some of her photos from Sea Week with the high school kids. I'll have to post a few. She also went to the fish camp this past summer so I will post a few of those also.

Tom and Carmen and I are entering the lottery to go see the bears at McNeil River next summer. Chances are slim we will get the time period we want but we will certainly try.

No comments: