December 10, 2007


My little movie is short but sweet.

We are having the strangest weather. This winter is even warmer than last winter - so far. Actually all the snow we had earlier melted completely. We have some frozen water puddles and then we had bare frozen ground. I actually did not mind that because it was certainly easy to walk on and walk quickly on. If it is wet, then there's mud boots and mud to deal with. If is is all snowy and sloshy - then you've got the slipping and sliding and dragging snow inside. I may have a big surprise after we come back from Christmas - but right now - it is rather warm.

Christmas plans have been finalized to a point. Tom and I fly in on the 18th to Anchorage. We will do some food shopping and a couple of medical appointments. Charlie and Liz fly in on the night of the 20th. Hoping they will pack our groceries and mail them for us - hoping. We are just too old to do that stuff - it completely wears us out. Then on the 23rd we drive down to Girdwood where we will spend some holidays at Alyeska Ski Resort - assuming there is enough snow for the kids to ski. If there isn't we will just enjoy the pool and the scenery. Liz flies home on the 28th. We will then buy and freeze our meet and head back to Chevak with Charles in tow on the 30th. He will spend two weeks in Chevak. Not too much impresses Charlie - but I believe life in Chevak will...

I am almost finished with my Big6 class. Whatever possessed me to put in my grant to take a college class is simply beyond me. I can not concentrate on that stuff anymore - I am totally task oriented now in my later years.

The kids are really enjoying the new computers. I am also enjoying all the new equipment and books and DVDs and Playaways and the extended library hours. It is actually a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Elizabeth Bender said...

I love it!!!! See you guys soon!

Elizabeth Bender said...

LESS THAN TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!