October 28, 2007


Roxy says "Hello"

Everythingis happening at once with my grant. I just finished working with Mitinet to get the marc records cleaned up - and they have now been sent to Alexandria to be added to my new circulation program. Nettrekker came this week and I love it. NewsBank is trying to come in - we are having multiple problems with the ip addresses. Hope they can work that out soon. Then the kids are going nuts with the new macs - all I have on them is Kid Pix. They love it. Here's what these little ones can do - they can import a Photo Booth photo into Kid Pix. They can open iPhoto and import their photos from PhotoBooth and then they can import those photos into Kid Pix. They can also drag photos from PhotoBooth into iMovie and make a little movie - plus slide shows with music in iPhoto. It is amazing - the skills spread from one child to two more to four more!

I had over 40 kids again this past Saturday at the Saturday@yourlibrary program - all they want is the computer. The president of the Board of Education came with his two little ones. I was glad we had a big crowd for him and it was a big crowd.

No comments: