July 30, 2007


We stop at Kodiak at 3:45am in the morning and get to Homer at 2pm tomorrow afternoon. In hindsight it may have been a good idea to fly back from Dutch Harbor instead of taking the ferry back. I love the ferry but I think Tom and Charlie might be a little bored. Charlie and I are taking turns using the computer - he is listening to music and playing games, I like to listen to music, work on my photos, email, etc. Actually I could stay on this boat for a long time - and this is not even a really nice cruise boat. Tom and I seriously are considering a cruise now - because this ferry rider has been so pleasant. I don't know where to though. Just the water, the mountains, the slight sway of the boat - it is really relaxing. Here are some new photos.

Another view of the moon reflection early this morning. We actually get some darkness here.

Tom and Charlie on the deck of the ferry. Notice how similar they look - no question as to the relationship of these two.

This is a good idea of the visibility fromthe front of the boat during the foggy times.

I like this photo of the church because it appears that they simply dug out the side of the mountain to make room for it.

Another sunrise photo...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ann--I am still enjoying your posts...and especially the wonderful pictures. It certainly makes me want to go North! Actually, I think my sister and I will travel from MO to Alaska next summer, or at least that is the plan!

Two things: what kind of camera do you have? I need to buy a new one and yours is wonderful. '

Two: Allegra makes me have FLU symptoms...nausea, throwing up, stuffy nose, all that. Hope you are doing well on it!

ok, thx for your wonderful pics and stories!

Patty Yocum from Missouri (retired school administrator as of 6/30/07!!!)

Elizabeth Bender said...

I wonder what it would look like if you and I took a picture together. if you could tell that we were related just on apperance. Umm. Thats a thought.

Love you guys. Liz.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.