May 19, 2007

Just ran through my end-of-year checklist with the principal. Gave him a stack of purchase orders and I'm hoping they will all be approved. I have so many new plans for the library this next year - the second year in a library things just sort of come together. So many people are leaving or have left that this place will be completely different next fall. I just was so happy with the staff that was here - I hope we get in some good new folks.

The ice and snow has virtually melted. We have a beautiful lake in front of our house again - literally 12 feet from our front door. It is quite beautiful. The ground is gradually unfreezing and there is lots of mud everywhere. I imagine the green will start appearing any day.

My internet at home is no longer working and this is the last day I will be at work. Hoping to find a place in Anchorage next week that has coffee and internet access. I really hope to make more entries this summer since we will be traveling. The only problem is that I might go for days without getting online. I'll do my best.

I'm very excited about getting the trailer. We keep going back and forth about the length. I want something small and lightweight to pull on our Silverado 1500. But then we want enough room to walk around a bit in the trailer - a sitting place and an eating place. The trailer we are looking at has beds that fold out of the front and back of the body of the trailer. I like that = but we have to see how much trouble it is to open and close the bed - and also how comfortable the foldout bed is. Any thing with a permanent bed pretty much starts at 22-24 feet and they get heavy. We do not want to ruin the truck's transmission. So lots to find out and talk about once we get to Anchorage.

Man, am I ready to leave the bush!@

No comments: